Each show gives out awards in different categories, based on the Jurors desicions. The Show is jointly judged by three Jurors with a balance of qualifications. After entries are determined compliant with the technical rules of the Show, the judges review each entry without knowing the name of the artist. Judging is based on Inspiration of Design and Excellence of Implementation. Honorable mention awards are conferred at the mutual discretion of the three jurors. The main awards are:
- Best of Show
- First place, Furniture
- Musical instrument
Based on the participant/visitors votes there are two important awards:
- People's Choice, of equal status to the other top awards, this one will be assigned after the Show, based on the tally of the votes by you, the viewing public.
- Artist's Choice, each participating artisan will cast his/her vote for a single artist. The one with the most points from his or her peers wins!
Both the People’s Choice and Artists’ Choice awards will be conferred on the last day of the Show.
Then there are various awards sponsored by different individuals or businesses:
- Skolmen Award, The Skolmen Award is intended to stimulate and reward creative promotion of woods from lesser-known seldom-utilized Non-Native Hawaii-grown trees. The award honors Roger G. Skolmen who, while with the Honolulu office of the USDA Institute for Pacific Islands Forestry in the 1960s, 70s and 80s, did much groundbreaking research on the mechanical properties of Hawaii-grown timber species. Roger also researched vegetative propagation of Acacia koa, published countless forestry publications, and co-authored with Elbert L. Little, Jr. the book Common Forest Trees of Hawaii, Native and Introduced. Roger Skolmen will be on hand opening night to present the award to three woodworkers most exemplifying those criteria. This year’s Skolmen Awards will consist of premiums underwritten by C. Barton Potter Co. and by three copies of Common Forest Trees donated by the University of Hawaii College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR).
- Award of Excellence, The Award of Excellence will be presented to the most outstanding entry crafted by one of the three artists in the Invited Artist category. This award is underwritten by Woodcraft Hawaii and will be awarded annually.
- Kent Award, This award, sponsored by artist Ron Kent, recognizes and encourages the most promising artist under 18 years of age entering the Show.
The earlier shows had an Architecture Award.
Below are links to PDF files presenting past Awards and winners: